November 3, 2018
9 AM - 1 PM
Arts & Sciences Bldg.
LCC Downtown Campus
419 N. Washington Square
Lansing, MI 48933
This Event is FREE
STEM Escape Room
STEM For All students will be presenting STEM Escape Room
at LCC STEMfest 2018. When you enter the room, you will be “handcuffed” with your friend or family member, in pairs. If you solve a few STEM puzzles, you may be able to figure out how to release yourself from the “handcuffs.” You can keep the handcuffs as a memento.
These puzzles will be presented by grade 4+ students. If you are interested in having your Grade 4+ student as a presenter, please read the info below and sign up.
- Make sure you and your student can spend one hour and 15 minutes where one hour will be for presenting and 15 minutes will be for getting ready.
- All students are expected to present for just one hour so that they can visit all other events. Make sure you sign up for the slot that will let you and your student get the maximum out of this great festival.
- You are expected to supervise your student(s) all the time.
- Puzzles are fairly easy, once you know the solution. Fun is in trying to find the solution. So, please do not give away the solution unless the visitor requests. Uma Umakanth will guide/coach your student to learn about these puzzles. He will be available in person at his office or by phone/video call on Saturday, Oct 27 from 9 AM to noon and 2 PM to 4 PM and Monday thru Thursday (Oct 29 thru Nov 1) 5 PM to 7 PM. Contact him at Umakanth@GoSymbiosis.com.
- LCC STEMfest 2018 is a FREE event. Aligned with that spirit, there is no cost for your student. We do request your help in spreading the word so that STEM education can spread to all.
- LCC will provide pizza lunch to student presenters.
- If you can make a commitment of 75 minutes, please sign up using the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B084CAAA723A4F49-lccstemfest
- If you want to sign up two or more of your students, try the same slot, so that you can monitor all your kids together.