Becoming Galileo & Newton
At MSU Abrams Planetarium
Saturday, April 7, 2018
10 AM to 4 PM
When Other Stations Are Hosted By
MSU Students, Professors, & Scientists,
Ours Will Be Hosted By Grade 4+ Students
(Expect A Little Mischief)
STEM For All students will walk visitors through simple exhibits that they built. Visitors will then be able to play with those exhibits, perform simple experiments, and discover on their own several laws discovered by Galileo Galilei and Sir Isaac Newton. Visitors can also make a simple replica of the exhibits to take home.
In all previous STEM For All events, STEM For All students, visiting kids, and all parents/grandparents had a lot of fun. If you are interested in having your Grade 4+ student as a presenter, please do the following:
- Visit MSU Science Festival website and see the schedule for April 7th. There are almost 100 Expo Zone events, one of which is Becoming Galileo and Newton. Make sure you and your student can spend one hour and 15 minutes where one hour will be for presenting and 15 minutes will be for getting ready.
- All students are expected to present for just one hour so that they can visit all other events. Make sure you sign up for the slot that will let you and your student get the maximum out of this great festival.
- You are expected to supervise your student(s) all the time.
- Exhibits for the three stations allocated for us are already built. Your student can make a replica, or a new exhibit. Uma Umakanth will guide/coach your student. He will be available in person at his office or by phone/video call from 5 PM to 7 PM Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday from March 25 thru April 5. Contact him at Umakanth@GoSymbiosis.com.
- MSU Science Festival is a FREE event. Aligned with that spirit, there is no cost for your student. We do request your help in spreading the word so that STEM education can spread to all.
- MSU Science Festival tee-shirts will be given to all presenters. We will also give snacks and restaurant coupons.
- If you can make a commitment of 75 minutes, please sign up using the link SignUpGenius.com/go/60B084CAAA723A4F49-stem
- If you want to sign up two or more of your students, try the same slot, so that you can monitor all your kids together.
STEM For All students will not be playing with fire. They will just have fun.