Chemistry Day at Impression 5!
Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
10:00am – 3:30pm
National Chemistry Week 2018 will investigate the chemistry of stars and gases, light and the electromagnetic spectrum, and more through our theme,
“Chemistry is Out of This World!”
Admission to Impression 5 during Chemistry Day is FREE thanks to a generous donation from Emergent BioSolutions and MSUFCU!
STEM For All students will also be presenting at Chemistry Day this year for the first time.
If you are interested in having your Grade 4+ student as a presenter, please read the info below and sign up.
- Make sure you and your student can spend one hour and 15 minutes where one hour will be for presenting and 15 minutes will be for getting ready.
- All students are expected to present for just one hour so that they can visit all other events. Make sure you sign up for the slot that will let you and your student get the maximum out of this great festival.
- You are expected to supervise your student(s) all the time.
- Uma Umakanth will guide/coach your student to learn about the exhibits we will have. He will be available in person at his office or by phone/video call on Saturday, Oct 27 from 9 AM to noon and 2 PM to 4 PM and Monday thru Thursday (Oct 29 thru Nov 1) 5 PM to 7 PM. Contact him at Umakanth@GoSymbiosis.com.
- Chemistry Day at Impression 5 is a FREE Aligned with that spirit, there is no cost for your student. We do request your help in spreading the word so that STEM education can spread to all.
- Student presenters will be treated with pizza.
- If you can make a commitment of 75 minutes, please sign up using the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B084CAAA723A4F49-2018
- If you want to sign up two or more of your students, try the same slot, so that you can monitor all your kids together.